Re: Too many candidates on ldapsearch

Hi Quanah,

Actually, the filter in your example would also work here. Like I said I did not find a non-working example with the "cn" attribute. If your directory maintains the "givenName" and "sn" attributes, it would be interresting to see if something like "(&(givenName=gibson)(cn=brown)(objectclass=posixaccount))" works (that is assuming there is a "gibson-gibson brown" but NO "gibson brown" in your directory).