Re: daemon: getaddrinfo failed: invalid flags

IIRC, when I compiled 2.1.24 on Solaris 9, I needed to change slightly servers/slapd/daemon.c to pass a corrected "hints" structure. A patch is attached for this. I can not recall exactly at which point mine failed during compile or testing, but I _think_ it was during testing like yours. In the patch, I moved the ai_socktype down one line to line up with Sun's definition of hints -- just my own anal-retentive preference, but the added ai_protocol is necessary!

HTH

Mike.
<< daemon.diff >>

Hi Mike

I just juggled the lines around + added the one as the diff suggested and it appears to be working fine. A huge thanks - cigar in the post.

Cheers
Buzz