RE: can i have ldap version 3

As Symas we offer Connexitor Directory Services, a set of packaged, tested,
and supported binaries that are based on OpenLDAP. Evaluation is free, but
production use is licensed (we need to feed our babies!). We are generally
within one release of the stable OpenLDAP release, but have been known to
lag a bit farther on occasion if our customers aren't being impacted.

Matthew Hardin
Symas Corporation
Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP software:
http://www.symas.net/download