slapd not work

Hello,

i'm running openldap 2.1.22 with BerKeley DB 4.1
in some circumstances, that i cannot determine, the slapd process stops processing queries. the slapd process continues his execution, no %cpu anormal use, no ram collapse. I don't have at this moment the openldap log, to see in more detail the problem. If i kill the process , and i run again ,the problem is solved .
   I know that you need the log files, to understand but happens, but, i decide to post the question, because, maybe, someone has encountered the same problem, and has a possible solution.....

Thanks,