Re: OpenLDAP config issues

søn, 04.01.2004 kl. 18.13 skrev Jagga Daku:

> I was able to lookup the users using Netscape and Outlook after using
> ou=People,dc=chamkila,dc=org.

As far as Mozilla is concerned (don't know which Netscape you're using,
don't know Outlook) and any other "modern" client, you could also set
the scope to "sub" or "2" to see everything from the root DN - same in
ldapsearch. But this is probably not what you want, in your case.

>   I will make them all lower case once I get
> it up and running (this is just a test system).

You shoudn't have to with any reasonable client. Data is supposed to be
case insensitive.

>   Now I would like to add
> email addresses for users so that they can be used through the address
> book.  How should I go about doing this?  I downloaded the LDAP Explorer
> Tool but can't seem to login (just lets me login using anonymous which
> does not help much).  What should by my RootDN, username and password?
> The howto's don't mention this at all :(

Rather use GQ on RH 9 - perhaps an rpm (old version, update :) is
included with your distro.

--Tonni

> A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. - Miguel de Cervantes, 1547 - 1616

*but*

Skjóta mun verdha til fúgls ádhr fái - the bird has to be shot at before
he's caught - probably *not* recorded by Sæmundur Fródhi but someone
else on Iceland, around 1150.

--
mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl