Re: sasl version mismatch

tor, 25.12.2003 kl. 18.49 skrev hesmat@future-group.com:

> Am  trying to install ldap server on rh9
>
> I have used rpm cyrus-sasl-2.1.10-4,plain,devel,md5 same  version
> With db-4.2.52 , openldap-2.1.25
> But every time I try to make test
> It can't connect  with ldap server (test000-rootdse failed)
> In master.log  I saw salp_sasl_init :sasl version mismatch , got
> 201000a, wanted 2010011
>
> What should I do ?

Many on this list wouldn't agree with the following, and I don't want to
know about that (too much dissent about it ;) but:

Compile and configure your own new stuff. Keep your own in /usr/local,
keep the original stuff in / or /usr and make sure the one doesn't
conflict with the other by compile-time options and ripping out original
RH rpms where necessary.

*Yes* it means more work, *No* it doesn't mean you can't use rpms (make
your own ;) *Yes* you will get problems with up2date - but since your RH
9 system is doomed as far as up2date is concerned anyway ...

It's what I do, on RH RHEL 3 (hate and never use up2date, I update RH
updates by hand). And I'm running, in production, what you're trying to
install.

--Tonni

--
mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl