LDAP Server installed - ldapadd, ldapsearch etc. kills slapd process, GQ works partially.

Greetings!

I recently installed my OpenLDAP Server 2.1.25 with BDB 4.2.52 on RedHat 9,
and the LDAP Server seems to run. I'm able to browse the LDAP Server with GQ,
but i can't create entries. If i try to create an entry with ldapadd from a ldif file, i get
the following error:

"ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server."

Installed SASL Version: 2.1.10-4

Loglevel 1 Message of ldapadd:

test -d 1
ldap_create
ldap_pvt_sasl_getmech
ldap_search
put_filter: "(objectclass=*)"
put_filter: simple
put_simple_filter: "objectclass=*"
ldap_send_initial_request
ldap_new_connection
ldap_int_open_connection
ldap_connect_to_host: TCP localhost:389
ldap_new_socket: 5
ldap_prepare_socket: 5
ldap_connect_to_host: Trying 127.0.0.1:389
ldap_connect_timeout: fd: 5 tm: -1 async: 0
ldap_ndelay_on: 5
ldap_is_sock_ready: 5
ldap_is_socket_ready: error on socket 5: errno: 111 (Connection refused)
ldap_close_socket: 5
ldap_perror
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server (81)

IP Tables Firewall is deactivated. As soon as i try to create an entry or search the
database with ldapadd / ldapsearch, the slapd process is killed, and GQ cannot
browse the directory server anymore.

Surely my fault, but i can't locate the problem. Any help appreciated, thanks!

Best Regards,
Michael Lackner
--
Montanuniversität Leoben
Institut für angewandte Mathematik und Geometrie