Re: Authentication Confusion

Tony Earnshaw said:

> Another #¤&ET¤ poster who refuses point blank to give his OS and distro.
> What are we all, clairvoyant?

What the?  My _very next paragraph_ clearly stated:

>> I'm running Debian Sarge, and have compiled OpenLDAP v 2.1.22 from source.

Hrm ... well, I guess I've just assumed that people know that Debian is a
Linux distribution.  My mistake.  I've obviously assumed too much.

> I don't know what ssh2 is.

ssh2 is a commercial implementation of the SSH protocol.

> Possibly depending on the
> /usr/share/doc/nss_ldap-<version>/pam.d directory, cat ssh gives:
>
> #%PAM-1.0

(...)

> It works for me, using normal ssh, either with a password or an rsa
> public key.

Thanks, I'll compare the two and see what I can see.

--
Steve
http://www.exitwound.org    : hard to find