[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

address book getting "LDAP Protocol Error"

I just got a 2.1.22 server working in an remote location. From this desktop (Linux), I can successfully execute ldapsearch for my account against it. When I add it as a directory server to Thunderbird and search for my account, it comes back silently with no results. When Outlook users on our network attempt to sync Outlook's copy of the address book against this server, they get a popup reading "LDAP Protocol Error" and labeled "Messageware Address Book".

What's the difference between Thunderbird's request for my account and ldapsearch's request for my account? I even changed my /etc/ldap.conf to point to that box instead of our usual directory, restarted nscd, and ran 'id jbeamon' successfully. It's not confined to just ldapsearch or just pam_ldap. It almost appears to be an email client issue, and I'm completely stumped.


John Beamon
Systems Administrator
Franklin American Mortgage
eml: jbeamon@franklinamerican.com
web: www.franklinamerican.com

P.S. This is the same server that had a 2.0.27 to 2.1.22 migration thread the last couple days. I literally ran one more 'rm * ; slapadd -l LDIF ; chown ldap:ldap *; service ldap restart', just like the dozen before it, and it 'worked'. I don't have any conclusive answer to my original migration issues, but it's up and running.