Re: can not use uri

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

sylvain ferriol wrote:

hello
i try tu use ldap_initialize() with uri it always fails

so i try with ldapsearch, and it is the same
* with -H option => it does not work
example: ldapsearch -H "ldap:///dc=ordilibre,dc=org"; -x

did you try with a <host> part in your URI?

yes, but it does not work

i really don't understand this, i just want a simple way to access to a ldap server. I saw that ldap_initialize was better than ldap_init function, but i'm unable to see the difference. So i read rfc2255 to have the uri specification, they give some examples (ldap:///o=University%20of%20Michigan,c=US)
and i try with my server but it fails.

i don't know the future of ldap, if we will use an uri which will contain the host, the port, the basedn, the bindn, the password, .....

if someone use with success uri in ldapsearch for example, give me the solution, until i will use the old functions (ldap_init,....)

regards
sylvain

p.

Could not create LDAP session handle (3): Time limit exceeded

* with -b option => it works
example: ldapsearch -b "dc=ordilibre,dc=org" -x
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=ordilibre,dc=org> with scope sub
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# ordilibre.org
dn: dc=ordilibre,dc=org
objectClass: top
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: nana
dc: ordilibre

# admin, ordilibre.org
dn: cn=admin,dc=ordilibre,dc=org
objectClass: simpleSecurityObject
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: admin

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

thanks sylvain

|   SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax:+390382476497    |