Re: How To Modify Schemas

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Jason C. Leach wrote:

> > Make your own custom schema file, with your own OID, and include it.
> Is there any special way to create an OID or just pick my favourite
> numbering scheme.  Also, must I create my own object class?

Hie thee to www.alvestrand.no/harald/objectid/ amongst other places.

If you pick your own, the 'Net will kill you.  And if you modify a
standard element, your successor will kill you.  Define your own,
basing them upon standard elements if necessary.

This is all covered in the Admin Manual (8.2 or thereabouts).

Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia