Re: having too run db_recover every time the server crashes

--On Monday, November 10, 2003 2:22 PM +0100 Tarjei Huse <tarjei@nu.no> wrote:

Hi,

I'm running a openldap 2.1.22 server built with db 4.1.25 that has been
running on a server with stabilityproblems. After each crash (and then
reboot) I have had to run db_recover to get the ldapserver up and running
again. Is this normal?

If not, what paramteres may I have set wrong to make this happen. The
crashes have not happened when I've been doing modifications but I've
still lost modifications done over 24 hours before the crash.

Any tips?

As Steve said, use the checkpoint directive. Also, is it the machine that is unstable, or LDAP that is unstable and crashing? If it is the latter, your BDB cache may not be big enough either.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html