having too run db_recover every time the server crashes

Hi,

I'm running a openldap 2.1.22 server built with db 4.1.25 that has been running on a server with stabilityproblems. After each crash (and then reboot) I have had to run db_recover to get the ldapserver up and running again. Is this normal?

If not, what paramteres may I have set wrong to make this happen. The crashes have not happened when I've been doing modifications but I've still lost modifications done over 24 hours before the crash.

Any tips?

Tarjei