Re: autofs.schema with smbfs

nerver tried it but maybe pam_mount might help ?
let us know ...

Andre Luis Fogagnoli wrote:
It's the problem... if the directory will not be mount after user login, the user haven't a home directory in the machine where he is
logged. My boss wants this solution, and the file system must be smbfs,
because we use machines Window$ too, and he doesn't want two network
file system in the server...

You can understand me??

thanks for your answer.

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 12:34, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Andre Luis Fogagnoli wrote:

| But in smbfs I need to pass the username and password of
| current user in information, but I don't now how I do this,
| anyone have any idea??
| automountInformation: -username=???,password=??? ://test/(username)

smbmount can pull these from the environment
variables $USER and $PASSWD (this is really
more of a Samba question I think).  But that
is done under the context of the automounter,
not the user.

I think a better solution is not to store
this mount information in LDAP at all, but just
let the user mount their own smb share.
Wrap the details in a script if you need
to make the interface more user friendly.

cheers, jerry
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)

Jehan Procaccia, Ingenieur Systemes & Reseaux
Institut National des Telecommunications, Tel : +33 (0) 160764436
MCI,Moyens Communs Informatiques, Mail: Jehan.Procaccia@int-evry.fr
9 rue Charles Fourier 91011 Evry France, Fax : +33 (0) 160764321