Re: result 32: no such object

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:04:42AM -0400, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> Can someone clue me in to why I can add entries to my LDAP database, and dump them with slapcat, but I can't search them?
>
> This is my LDIF input:
>
> 	dn: dc=avtechpulse,dc=com
> 	dc: avtechpulse
> 	objectClass: dcObject
> 	objectClass: organizationalUnit
> 	ou: Avtech
I would use "objectClass: organization" instead of organizationalUnit and
o: Avtech, just for asthetics, since I assume Avtech is an organization
and not a unit.

If they are really there, try adding the ldif again and see if you get a
complaint that indeed they are really there.

> But searching on it fails!
>
> 	ldapsearch -v -x -D "cn=ldapadmin,ou=users,dc=avtechpulse,dc=com" -w
> 	"notarealpassword" -b "dc=avtechpulse,dc=com"
What's in ldap.conf, which is the client config file?  How about just:
ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=avtechpulse,dc=com'

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to your