Re: The speed of adding an entry is too slow.

Hi,

"Jay zh" <jayzh@hotmail.com> writes:

> Dear :
>
> OpenLDAP version is 2.1.22
> Berkeley DB version is 4.1.25 with patch 1
>
> When I use ldapadd to add an entry, it takes 1 min to complete this
> operation. Before completing this operation, CPU load is increasing up
> to 99%. And the syslog has a lot of "deferring operation" msgs. It
> seems to be the lock problem. What should I do to resolve this problem
> ?

For me, it takes 0.180 sec to add one entry and 3 min. to add 10,000
entries.

Set 'loglevel 0' in slapd.conf and create in your openldap-data
directory a file DB_CONFIG with following contents:
add_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung