Multiple databases - single suffix vs. Single database - multiple suffixes

Hello,

We used to have one single database holding one suffix but the compagny 's gonna be separated into two entities.
So the big picture is to separate the directory; I went back to the FAQ and read that multiple databases each holding one suffix should be preferred to a single one holding multiple suffixes (see http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/342.html).
Though the latter seems easier to me (except maybe for replication...)

What did you experienced (OpenLDAP 2.1.22) ?
What are the pros ans the cons ?

Thanks for sharing your opinion

Anne

Do you Yahoo!?