RE: Samba Login Script in LDAP

Software can be made to do anything. For example, an ambitious hacker (I'm
not naming any names) could write a pluggable module for Samba that presents
a fileshare interface to the SMB clients, but uses LDAP as its backing store.
So a open/read reference to "L:\scripts\foobar" could be mapped to an
ldapsearch request, with the data being cached in the Samba module and served
to the client as a regular file.

  -- Howard Chu