RE: Virtual users in sendmail (and vacation/.forward support?)

The virtusertable is a feature specific to sendmail; this has nothing
particular to do with OpenLDAP. You should be asking this type of question on
a mailing list dedicated to sendmail support, not openldap-software.

To answer the question - the virtusertable can redirect to both remote
systems and  to local addresses. Read the cf/README file in the sendmail
distribution for examples of the table's usage.

> Also, is anyone aware of a mechanism for supporting vacation messages
> and basic forwarding from LDAP? I'd like to provide an
> interface for my
> users to set an away message or forward their mail. It would
> be easy to
> write a quick web app to do this but I need the support in
> the MTA for
> it.

I'm not aware of such a feature being built-in to sendmail. It may be there,
but again, this isn't the proper forum for the question.

  -- Howard Chu