RE: Scripting and passwords

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Rob De Langhe wrote:

> In very general terms, be it for LDAP or any other script that requires a
> password : I make it read the password from a config file (so that it's not
> hard-coded in the script), and make sure that only the executor of the
> script has read-permissions of that config file.

Yeah; we have a custom LDAP utility that does that, but the standard
one does not.  I'd happily do it and supply the patches, but I didn't
want to waste my time if there was no interest in it (or, horrors, the
patches get rejected).

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia