Re: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, David Hofer wrote:

> checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb41)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-41)... no
> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.1)... yes
> checking for Berkeley DB thread support... no
> checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no
> configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

Do you have multiple versions of BDB installed?  The configure script
gets confused if this is the case e.g. it doesn't find a header file
but does find a library file etc.

> I have been pulling my hair out over this. Anyway I am using Openldap
> 2.1.22 and Berkeley DB 4.1.25, and I have used the ln -s command to link
> BerkeleyDB with BerkeleyDB4.1, but I still get the same config error
> with Openldap.Please tell me how I am in error for the good of my soul.

Hunt out all possible files with the name db.h/ndb.h etc, and do the
same for the libraries (libdb*.{a,so}), and do what has to be done...

I looked at the configure script, then remembered why I don't like
GNU's configure scripts.

I piked out and built the thing on a "clean" box, and distributed from
there.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia