Re: library routines idempotent?

Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> wrote:
> However, the spec (draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-c-api-05.txt) does not
> guarantee that the results will be in the same _order_.  As far as I can
> tell, OpenLDAP does give the same order, though.

Ok.  So as long as I use OpenLDAP, is it safe to assume that the order
of attributes returned by ldap_{first,next}_attribute will match the
order of the attribute list originally passed to ldap_search?  Of
course, some attributes may be missing, but the ones that are there
will be in the same order, right?

paul