[openldap 2.1.12 + Berkeley 4.1.24] "warm" backup ?

Hy,

I would like to be able to provide regularly a "warm" backup of my
databases (that is I don't want to stop openldap to save my databases)
but I know only the "cold" backup operation using slapcat

is "Warm" backup available for the openldap version 2.1.12 ?

Else I know that I can use the "ldapsearch" command from the rootdn to
"warm" save regularly my databases but the problem is
that the resulting file is not a ldif file and so I have to convert it
into correct ldif format.
So if there is no available "warm" backup, do you have a script to
convert automatically the file, result of the ldapsearch command, into
correct ldif format ?

Thanks a lot
Helene