Re: Netscape D.S. -> OpenLDAP replication

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 09:12:59AM -0500, supraexpress@globaleyes.net wrote:
> OpenLDAP, however, doesn't know anything about special NSDS attributes,
> such as "ACI" and "copiedFrom".
>
> Will NSDS replicate to OpenLDAP: YES. Again, you may have to make
> OpenLDAP adjustments to accomodate NSDS objects and attributes. The two
> mentioned below are required for NSDS-5.0.

One last question: how is user authentication replicated? Or, maybe putting
this question in another way, is it possible to dump user authentication
information from NDS via LDAP?

I queried an NDS server once for SASL, and I saw that it supported MD5 and
even simple binds if configured to do so, but I suspect the user password
or hashes won't be available via ldap.