Re: Netscape D.S. -> OpenLDAP replication

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 09:12:59AM -0500, supraexpress@globaleyes.net wrote:
> NSDS doesn't "know how to replicate to OpenLDAP", but it does know how
> to replicate to an LDAP server, though it DOES expect it to be another
> NDDS. Simply specify the OpenLDAP server as the target host in the NSDS
> Replication configuration panels.

Wow, this is great news :)

> The replication process is merely one LDAP server connecting to and
> passing "LDAP commands" to another LDAP server.

Just like openldap does it, then. I thought some sort of proprietary
protocol was being used. But we do have to take care of the differences
in attributes, objectclasses and ACIs, I understand that. Not exactly
easy, but less complicated than I expected.

Thanks again, I really appreciate this information.