Re: LDAP auth using diffrent auth methods

jawed abbasi wrote:

I have been looking at this list for a while
I have heard about MD5, SHA, SSH, Cyrus SASL, and things like that,
But I am not sure if all of these are of same level tools or one has advantage over other.

Google:

"what is sasl"
"what is cyrus sasl"
"what is md5"

etc. I just tried it for you - you'd be surprised at the results.

Even though a good number of people are having issues with setting up Cyrus SASL, it seems more and more are trying to put Cyrus SASL together then pam or anyhting else.

'Cos most people use distros and other stuff that get pam working for them. Depending who you are and what you want, pam can be just as important as sasl. Even more important is nss. You never mentioned nss.

I will appreciate some enlightenment, or even some referals where I can get some comparison I jus t want to know why SALS , why not pam.

Google. As I said, pam can be just as important as sasl. What's more, neither need to have anything to do with Cyrus or Openldap.

Google will remain your friend until it's bought up by someone or someone breaks it (Microsoft/MSN is trying.) Even if Microsoft is successful, there are many other search engines left. Like Alltheweb, for example. Heia Norge!

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

http://www.billy.demon.nl