[Date Prev][Date Next]
Sporadic SLURPD replication problems
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Sporadic SLURPD replication problems
- From: "Jasen R. Baker" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:10:51 -0700
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcNVXX0tnltQYdDYTmqVYXJBQEN4jQ==
- Thread-topic: Sporadic SLURPD replication problems
Question for those with any answer.
I currently have a master/slave setup running OpenLDAP 2.22
I'm having sporadic replication problems. I set slurpd to debug mode -d 65535 to watch all requests as they came in. What I'm finding is if I make a change to the master, sometimes I'll see data sent via SLURPD to my secondary ldap server and it writes the updat as it should.
Other times I don't see anything in the debug logs and nothing is written to the slave LDAP server. The only thing I DO see is the time stamp on the /usr/local/ldap/var/replica.log.lock file is updated, but the timestamp on the /usr/local/ldap/var/replica.log file is not.
Our ldap server gets a tremendous amount of simultaneous requests, I don't know how exactly to measure it, but our slapd process on the master server runs conststent at abou 60%+ cpu. I'm not sure if load has anything to do with it.
Both ldap servers are in sync when I do these tests and I restart them both and remove all of the replog and slurpd.replog files and lock files just to be safe and it only takes a couple of requests before it fails to replicate to the slave server.
Manager - Systems Engineering