Re: Performance issue.

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 08:50, Wesley Hof wrote:
> Hi,
hi,

> The max number of file descriptors is increased on the machine. Now when I
> let all my apps read out of the ldap (proxys) all goed well for about
> 30min. Then my ldap reacts very slow, ldapsearch gives no output anymore
what openldap version? what backend?

i had similar problems with openldap 2.1.21 and berkeley db 4.1.25 on a
system with high load. after several hours of usage, my ldap servers got
terribly slow. ldap requests took > 1min. after stopping the daemon and
recovering the databases with db_recover, the whole setup went smooth
again for several more hours.

i had to adjust some berkeley db internal settings with DB_CONFIG to get
rid of the described problems.
these are my settings:

set_cachesize 0 524288000 1
set_lg_regionmax 262144
set_lg_bsize 2097152

now everything works as expected.

hth,
tom.

--

Thomas "Duke" Hager         | "Microsoft is not the answer.
duke@{bofh.at,1012surf.net} |  Microsoft is the question.