RE: search fails to find indexes?

Hi Dieter,

I did think that might be a problem, but my DB_CONFIG
contains:

set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC
set_cachesize 0 209715200 0
set_lg_max 131072000
set_lg_bsize 26214400

which I thought was fairly generous for what I'm trying
to do, though I admit I don't have any feel yet for
optimising these values.  The whole DIT only has ~15000
entries with no large objects stored - this is just
an information service for unix clients.

If this were a cache problem, then on a quiescent test
system with no other clients I would expect a subsequent
su to the same user to return a lot quicker, but it gives
the same slow result.

db_stat -c shows no apparent lock problems.  db_stat -m shows
100% requested pages found in the cache, and nothing forced
out of the cache.

Anyone else using Solaris in a similar way out there getting
better results? If so could I get a look at your server's
slapd.conf and client's ldap_client_file?

Steve.Smith@commerzbankIB.com

This is a commercial communication from Commerzbank AG.

This communication is confidential and is intended only for the person to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not that person you are not permitted to
make use of the information and you are requested to notify
<mailto:LONIB.Postmaster@commerzbankib.com> immediately that you have
received it and then destroy the copy in your possession.

Commerzbank AG may monitor outgoing and incoming e-mails. By replying to
this e-mail you consent to such monitoring. This e-mail message and any
attached files have been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.
However, you are advised that you open attachments at your own risk.

This email was sent either by Commerzbank AG, London Branch, or by
Commerzbank Securities, a division of Commerzbank.  Commerzbank AG is a
limited liability company incorporated in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Registered Company Number in England BR001025. Our registered address in
the UK is 23 Austin Friars, London, EC2P 2JD. We are regulated by the
Financial Services Authority for the conduct of investment business in the
UK and we appear on the FSA register under number 124920.