Re: library questions: LDAPMessage, msgid, ...

Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> wrote:
> msgid is just a 32-bit integer.

So is a file descriptor, yet it identifies a resource that should be
destroyed at the appropriate time.  I figured msgid is similar: any
particular integer value is not meaningful as a msgid until is it
returned by some asynchronous operation; after that, it refers to some
LDAPMessage that can can be retrieved by ldap_result().

Suppose I do an asynchronous search.  The server's response is