Re: Changing maximun number of locker entries

Howard Chu wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: jehan procaccia [mailto:jehan.procaccia@int-evry.fr]

Howard Chu wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Andreas

This *may* be one of those parameters that are only taken

into account

when creating a new database...

Yes. Stop slapd, then run db_recover; that will remove the current
environment. The next time slapd starts the new setting will

take effect.

-- Howard Chu

Where is define "the environement" ? in each of the .bdb file ? db_recover resets it ? there's no harm running db_recover at any time ?
I did it while slapd was running ... then environement seemed to desepear/trash??

What part of "Stop slapd, then run db_recover" did you not understand?

Indeed, I read too fast ! my fault :-)
I just stop/start slapd again and everything runs fine, even db_* utilities works again.

However, for my personnal understanding, have you an answer to:

Where is define "the environement", in each of the .bdb file ?
db_recover resets it ?
When the database environement is opened ? during slapadd and not at every slapd restart ?

thanks a lot .

-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun
http://www.symas.com http://highlandsun.com/hyc