Re: filter on email for auth with pam_ldap

Are you editing the right file? I find ldap.conf files get scattered about, and it's sometimes hard to figure out which is being used by what. In addition to /etc/ldap.conf and /etc/ldap/ldap.conf, there is also /etc/pam_ldap.conf. If you've built one or more of the relevant packages from source, there may be additional files in different places as well, depending on what you fed the configure script(s).

	good luck,

Gary C. New wrote:

Has anyone successfully been able to get pam_ldap to
authenticate using the user's email address?

I tried reconfiguring my ldap.conf file with:

pam_login_attribute mailLocalAddress

but in the syslogs it shows the authentication query
as uid=user@domain.tld.  Shouldn't it filter as
mailLocalAddress=user@domain.tld?  I thought that is
what the pam_login_attribute config option was for.

I even tried playing around with:

but neither seemed to provide the desired results.

I would appreciate any advice or success stories.

Do you Yahoo!?

If you haven't got an agenda, chances are good that you're
not doing much useful.   --Stephen Frost