Re: filter on email for auth with pam_ldap

Are you editing the right file? I find ldap.conf files get scattered about, and it's sometimes hard to figure out which is being used by what. In addition to /etc/ldap.conf and /etc/ldap/ldap.conf, there is also /etc/pam_ldap.conf. If you've built one or more of the relevant packages from source, there may be additional files in different places as well, depending on what you fed the configure script(s).

	good luck,
		~c

Gary C. New wrote:

Has anyone successfully been able to get pam_ldap to
authenticate using the user's email address?

I tried reconfiguring my ldap.conf file with:

pam_login_attribute mailLocalAddress

but in the syslogs it shows the authentication query
as uid=user@domain.tld.  Shouldn't it filter as
mailLocalAddress=user@domain.tld?  I thought that is
what the pam_login_attribute config option was for.

I even tried playing around with:

pam_template_login_attribute

and

pam_filter

but neither seemed to provide the desired results.

I would appreciate any advice or success stories.

Respectfully,

Gary