[Date Prev][Date Next]
Drawbacks of Berkeley DB cache settings?
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Drawbacks of Berkeley DB cache settings?
- From: Chris van der Merwe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:02:13 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20020826
I'm wondering if anyone on the list is familiar with the
"inner-workings" of the BDB, specifically my question is: Does enlarging
the cache of the BDB via DB_CONFIG pose any danger of updates to the
directory being lost in the event of a powerfailure or crash? I ask
because I've managed to greatly improve the results from OpenLDAP by
making some fairly large cache settings and I'm wondering if BDB has
some mechanism to prevent corruption in the event of a crash (with a
large un-processed write buffer).