Re: schema definition precedence

Beast wrote:
Tuesday, June 24, 2003, 12:00:35 PM, Dave wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Andrew Thomson wrote:

Or do I have to change the NAME in my local.schema and get the
programmer to update his code to use my new objectclass??

Get him to fix his code, then break his kneecaps.  Never, ever, change
a standard definition.

Openldap core.schema is standard? then why it changed in ver 2.1? It different from v 2.0.x eventhough both are support ldap v3.

2.0.x was more loose on LDAPv3 standard. 2.1.x is more strict in many ways. Also dependencies between the schema files might have changed.

Ciao, Michael.