Re: Can't compile OpenLDAP 2.1.21 on Solaris 8

--On Wednesday, June 18, 2003 2:08 PM +0000 Android <android@fatra.ph.hunter.cuny.edu> wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to compile OpenLDAP 2.1.21 in Solaris 8 with Sun Workshop 6.1
compiler, but no luck so far. I have built

1. MIT Kerberos 5 rel 1.2.8
2. OpenSSL 0.9.7b
3. Cyrus SASL 2.1.12
	which has been configured with `configure --prefix=/usr/local
	--sysconfdir=/etc --enable-static --enable-shared --disable-krb4
	--enable-gssapi --with-plugindir=/usr/local/lib/sasl2'

I configured OpenLDAP with
`configure --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc --with-cyrus-sasl
--with-tls --enable-static --enable-shared --disable-slapd
--disable-slurpd'.
Then I typed `make depend' and then `make'. After a while I received
the linking problem error listed below. I noticed that the undefined
symbols are mentioned in my `/usr/local/include/gssapi/gssapi.h'. Perhaps
some OpenLDAP source files are missing an include statement?
Can someone help, please? Thanks,

As a separate comment, I'll note that compiling OpenLDAP against MIT Krb5 is a very bad idea if you plan to use threads. The MIT K5 libraries are full of memory leaks when run in a threaded fashion, that will eventually cause the OpenLDAP servers to lock up. You should really use Heimdal-0.5.2.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Senior Systems Administrator