Re: Request for short term help with Openldap 2.1.25 -- will pay $$

I've had similar very strange problems with openldap where I could start it fine from the command line in debug mode but not from system init scripts. Turned out to be the user I was starting openldap as did not have full read/write access to the backend database, but when I started it from command line as root I wasn't specifying a user to run as so it ran as root -- which had the correct permissions. Seems like a simple thing but it did take a few hours to track down as there were no log entries or warnings indicating this was happening. I'm pretty sure this was on a redhat server but it may have been solaris 8.

Hope that is some help.

Regards
Luke