Re: Personal address book using LDAP?

I'd suggest going to

and search for 'OpenLDAP'. There is a schema for Mozilla and even a
script to parse the exported Mozilla LDIF.

Script from Bernhards (be+usenet@berdmann.de) post 200305202245:
# converts Mozilla's LDIF to OpenLDAP
grep -v ^modifytimestamp | \
grep -v mozillaAbPersonObsolete | \
sed -e "s/^\(dn:.*\)\(mail=.*\)/\1$DN/g" | \
awk "\
BEGIN { FS = \":\" } \
{ if (\$1==dn) \
    { print \"ou: $OU1\"; print \"ou: $OU2\"; print; } \
else \
    { print; } \