Re: Apache authentication?

In a message dated: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:55:18 MDT
"Alan Sparks" said:

>Probably a better place to be asking these questions is in the auth_ldap
>mailing lists, check http://www.rudedog.org/auth_ldap/.
>
>>   AuthLDAPURL ldap://localhost/cn=Admins,dc=foo,dc=com
>>   Require group cn=Admins,dc=foo,dc=com
>
>I do things like this a lot, but I do not understand why you've changed
>the AuthLDAPURL from what you used in the other <Directory> container.
>Unless you actually have account objects under cn=Admins,dc=foo,dc=com,
>this doesn't make any sense.  I'd normally expect you to have group
>objects here, with uniqueMember or member attributes enumerating the group
>members.

Hmmm, maybe therein lies my problem.  I thought, for some reason,
that I needed to provide AuthLDAPURL with a URL which referenced the
top of a branch.  I have 2 main branches, People (which contains
everyone's records) and Admins, which is a groupOfUniqueNames,
containing uniqueMember entries, which are the dn's of those members.

Are you saying that the <Directory /admin/> section should have the
same AuthLDAPURL entry as the <Directory /> section?

Thanks,
--

Seeya,
Paul