Re: Betr.: Re: PID from Slurp

On Tue, 27 May 2003 Frank.Lohfeld@bahn.de wrote:

> >In FreeBSD and similar:
>
> >slurp_pid=`set - \`ps -auxwww | grep slurpd | grep -v grep\`;echo $2`
> >test "$slurp_pid" != "" && kill -9 $slurp_pid
>
> In Solaris is this not the correct way - because the ps command cut the
> lines after x Charakters (I think it was 50 Charakters or so).
> By deep Directory Entrys like
> '/projects/Development/openldap/slurpdtest/slurpd' solaris cut the line by
> the ps command  and when you grep to 'slurpd' you can't find it.

Which is why I said "FreeBSD and similar"...

If you wanted Solaris you should've said so; I believe there is a way
to get the entire command line, but I haven't used Slowaris for 2 years.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia