RE: "ldapsearch uid=ab*" works "ldapsearch cn=a*" doesn't in 2.1.19

I know that if you need to search by wild cards you've to insert at least
2 chars, so uid=a* doesn't work and uid=ab* does. With only 1 char the index
can't work properly.

Sergio Paternoster

I've just recently upgraded from 2.1.17 to 2.1.19 and I'm now having
doing a one character plus wildcard search in 2.1.19.. ie.

with two characters (or more) with the wildcard the search returns some
data ...

solarisbox:~ #  ldapsearch -LLLb o=unix uid=ab* dn
dn: cn=ab0001,ou=people,o=unix

dn: cn=ab0002,ou=people,o=unix

dn: cn=ab0003,ou=people,o=unix

dn: cn=ab0004,ou=people,o=unix

dn: cn=ab0005,ou=people,o=unix

dn: cn=ab0006,ou=people,o=unix

but with one character only and the wildcard, the search doesn't return
any data

solarisbox:~ #  ldapsearch -LLLb o=unix uid=a* dn

yet this previously worked in 2.1.17 on Solaris9 with Berkeley DB 4.1.25

here's slapd.conf - have i done something wrong?

threads                 128
allow                   bind_v2
defaultsearchbase       "o=detir"
idletimeout             600
timelimit               60
sizelimit               unlimited

database        bdb
suffix          "o=unix"
rootdn          "cn=root,o=unix"
rootpw          secret
directory       /var/openldap/data

index           cn,sn,uid       pres,eq,approx,sub
index           uidnumber       pres,eq
index           gidnumber       pres,eq
index           objectClass     eq

Non sei ancora abbonato Tiscali ADSL? Peccato! Ti stai perdendo un sacco
di vantaggi! Video Comunicazione, Musica, Film e tanti altri servizi gratis
per te. Abbonati subito, risparmi fino a 343 euro!