Duplicate Attributes

Hi,

I find myself in a situation where i need to add multiple
occurrences of the same attribute for a particular user.

So my ldif file might look like.

dn: cn=ted,dc=home,dc=com
uid: ted
cisco-avpair: blablabla1
cisco-avpair: blablabla2
cisco-avpair: blablabla3

This seems to work just fine but i'm having difficulties
writing an interface to modify an individual attribute. Say
blablabla2 for example.

My concern is not so much with the interface but more so with
the fact i'm using these duplicate attributes in the first
place. It this a problem ? I cant figure out how ldap
identifies the individual duplicate attributes.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks...