Re: OpenLDAP performance issue

--On Tuesday, April 29, 2003 5:03 PM -0400 Sarah Burke <sarah.burke@bridgewatersystems.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am using OpenLDAP 2.1.6 on a Solaris 8 box.
I cannot seem to get more than 30 requests/sec throughput, even setting
it up using the "null" backend?  Each "request" is a full connection,
anonymous bind, search, unbind.  Anyone know why this is happening?

I want to use OpenLDAP as the front-end for an application, but I would
need 100 request/sec throughput.
Thanks,

Sarah,

This depends on a lot of different things. One would be the fact that you are using OpenLDAP-2.1.6. Try OpenLDAP-2.1.17 or later. Make sure you have proper indices, etc.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Senior Systems Administrator ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html