Re: SASL/GSSAPI authentication problems - Invalid credentials

--On Tuesday, April 29, 2003 10:31 AM -0700 Ben Poliakoff <benp@reed.edu> wrote:

* Chris Maxwell <source@gateweaver.com> [030428 17:35]:

Did you test SASL to ensure it is talking to heimdal properly?

in one shell:
saslauthd -a kerberos5 -d -m <mux path>

in another:
testsaslauthd -u username -p password -r REALM -s ldap -f <mux path>

KDC logs are also a good place to look, since invalid credentials means
just that ... that Openldap appears to be working correctly.

Yes, I tried testsaslauthd as you detailed above and it has not trouble authenticating.

In addition I'm able to get service tickets without any trouble:

    benp@thingone openldap]$ /usr/local/heimdal/bin/klist
    Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_25022_XsJjpG
            Principal: benp@REED.EDU

      Issued           Expires          Principal
    Apr 29 09:46:24  Apr 29 19:46:24  krbtgt/REED.EDU@REED.EDU
    Apr 29 09:46:29  Apr 29 19:46:24  ldap/thingone.reed.edu@REED.EDU

...and could find no problems in the kdc logs.  Just lots of entries
like this:

Apr 28 11:30:29 kerberos-1 krb5kdc[10139](info): TGS_REQ (2 etypes {16
1}) 134.10.15.29(88): ISSUE: authtime 1051545504, etypes {rep=16 tkt=1
ses=1}, benp@REED.EDU for ldap/thingone.reed.edu@REED.EDU

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Ben,

Your domains don't match. i.e., ldap/thingone.reed.edu@REED.EDU does not match ldap/thingone.REED.EDU@REED.EDU. I'm not positive that this is the problem, but I am fairly certain that capitalization does matter. You may wish to create a new ldap keytab with that capitalization and see if it fixes the problem. See the capitalization in your krbtgt ticket.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Senior Systems Administrator ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html