Re: Exporting Windows SAM to ldif

> > Is there any tool to export a Windows NT SAM to some format, so that I can
> > create a .ldif file and populate an LDAP tree with that info?

Not that I know of.
However if you see the SAMBA LDAP HOWTO at

http://samba.idealx.org/

they suggest you dump the hashed versions of the users passwords
out of the sam and put them in your lmpassword, and ntpassword
attributes in OpenLDAP samba.schema objects.

There's a tool, not sure whats it's called, maybe L0ftcrack etc
that will spit out the Lanman Hash, and NT Hash of passwords
from a samfile. It's then up to you to insert the hashes in to
the correct attributes in your LDIF for each user. A perl script
would do the job easily.

Paul