Re: Exporting Windows SAM to ldif

Passwords are not designed to be extracted so this is very difficult to say the least. I assume your going to use ldap/samba so it may be possible to sniff the raw hashed passwords off of the network using l0ft or some other password auditing tool. Basically you usually don't need the real passwords as long as your new and old authentication mechanism are both able to read the same hashes. For example I ported over from a sun /etc/passwd setup to openldap so I simply told openldap to use crypt() passwords and copied the raw hashs over.

Hope that helps,

schu

Gabriel Maffia wrote:
Hi

Is there any tool to export a Windows NT SAM to some format, so that I can
create a .ldif file and populate an LDAP tree with that info?

The main problem are user passwords (I don't know how to retrieve the
hashes, and I don't want to go asking each user for his/her password).

Thanks a lot.

Gabriel Maffia.