Re: 2.1.17 performance issues

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 08:47:36AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> >OpenLDAP is slow. If you look at the presentations in that OpenLDAP event,
> >you'll see that they have no intention of competing with commercial
> >directories.
> >

> Again, I disagree.  In both the cases discussed here, I would say that the
> problems are most likely from configuration issues rather than problems
> with OpenLDAP performance.

Could very well be so, I've seen for myself the huge speed difference a good index
can make in a directory, but I've also seen some inexplicable performance problems
posted to this list. It would be really helpful if there were some performance figures posted
somewhere, like:
- number of entries in the directory
- indexes being used
- cpu/ram
- performance (btw, how does one measure this?)