From: Tony Earnshaw [mailto:tonni@billy.demon.nl]
Sent: 29 March 2003 15:51
To: Iquo.O.Abia@spdc.shell.com
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: Slapd.lpg

lør, 2003-03-29 kl. 13:17 skrev Iquo.O.Abia@spdc.shell.com:

> Your second is, if you're using
> Red Hat 8, use GQ as a GUI tool, because that (and a tail -f on
> slapd.log) will show clearly what's going on.
>
> 	Please I have not been able to locate the slapd.log file is there
> something one has to configure to get this logs.

O.k. in /etc/syslog.conf, make sure you have:

# slapd support
local4.*    /var/log/slapd.log

at the end of it.

If you have to edit that in yourself, do 'kill -HUP `cat
/var/run/syslogd.pid`' afterwards, after saving syslog.conf. Then
slapd.log should be in /var/log, on Linux.

As the facility local4 should not yet be defined for your system, this
should work for you.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl

*** DISCLAIMER ***
This email, any attachment and response string are confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, kindly notify the
sender by return mail and delete this message and any attachment
immediately. Please do not copy, forward or use this message or attachment
except as permitted by the author.
Opinions, conclusions and views expressed in this message are solely
personal to the author, unless otherwise clearly stated and related to the
official business of Shell Nigeria. Thank you.
For more information about Shell Nigeria please see our website at
http://www.shellnigeria.com.