Alias Support

Hi everyone,

I'm using openldap 2.1.12 and berkeley DB 4.1.25.

I'm planning to use one tree with all the users an one tree for every
single host. The hosts have only aliases that point to the users. So I
can allow which user has access on each system and centralize the

But when I want to add the aliases, I get the following error from ldap:
ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
additional info: attribute "aliasedObjectName" not supported in context

Whats wrong ? Doesn't openldap support aliases ?

My alias ldif:

dn: uid=test1,ou=workstation1,ou=hosts,dc=my,dc=net
objectClass: top
objectClass: alias
aliasedObjectName: uid=test1, ou=users, dc=my, dc=net

Best regards and thanks for your comment Ulrich Weber