Re: Deleting non-leaf entries from LDAP.

Hi,

      Thank you for the response.
      Seems like the W2K LDAP server has the server control implemented .
       see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/netdir/ldap/ldap_delete_ext.asp

      Any pointers on whether the Openldap or Iplanet has this implemented or
planning to implement this.

Regards
bandi

Michael Ströder wrote:

> Sridhar Bandi wrote:
> >
> >   So I am left with the only option of deleting all the leaf entries
> > recursively.
> >   That looks like a very slow process to delete entries one by one :-( ...
>
> Yes, depeding on your indexing it is very slow.
>
> I wonder what happened to armijo-ldap-treedelete-02 (Tree Delete Control,
> see
> http://www.alternic.org/drafts/drafts-a-b/draft-armijo-ldap-treedelete-02.html).
>
> It seems it just expired... :-(
>
> Ciao, Michael.
begin:vcard
n:Bandi;Sridhar
tel;home:91-80-2716945
tel;work:91-80-2052886
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Hewlett Packard;SNSL India-ISEC
version:2.1
email;internet:bandis@india.hp.com
adr;quoted-printable:;;30c=3B HP=3B;bangalore;;560052;India
x-mozilla-cpt:;-23936
fn:Sridhar Bandi
end:vcard