Re: ldap+ssl/tls

tir, 2003-03-11 kl. 14:43 skrev Craig Jackson:

> I set up an ldap server which allows plain text authentication, but was
> unable to configure it to use ssl/tls authentication. I have the
> ldap-tls package installed (Debian system). Ldap is listening on 636 and
> 389 (using netstat and telnet from another box as test), so it seems to
> be working. However, when trying to authenticate from Evolution client,
> the connection fails. Has anyone gone this route before?

Sorry to disappoint you Craig, but the Evo SSL/TLS bind is broken and
this has been acknowledged by the Ximian hac^h^hdevelopers..

If you want to try out your newly configured certs, use Mozilla 1+, but
put 'allow bind_v2' into the main body of your slapd.conf first, or that
won't work either.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

And they allowed Apollonius to ask questions; and
he asked them of what they thought the cosmos was
composed; but they replied ...

e-post:		tonni@billy.demon.nl
www:		http://www.billy.demon.nl